Thursday, June 5, 2008

Church @ Grace Fellowship @ Dehradun by Sherry



This past weekend while Becky, Krys, & Hilary were off to the Yamunotri Shrine, Constance and I needed our Jesus fix, so we went to St. Thomas Church down the street from the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised to find that there was a non-denominational church called Grace Fellowship worshiping there. The parishioners and Pastor Merlin Clarence were very friendly and seemed to love that we had joined them for worship. We were about 30 minutes early so Pastor Clarence sat and talked with us about his church. He told us that it was a “Happy Clappy Church” that used the word of God to encourage the members. When he and his wife found out I was from Houston, Texas, they enthusiastically asked if I had been to T. D. Jakes’and Joel Olsteen’s church. I said yes to both and they were very pleased. The service was GREAT, though a little long. Pastor Clarence’s daughter and son led us in praise and worship singing songs that we were very familiar with like, “Here I am to Worship”, as well as songs in Hindi. Many of the members of the church read scriptures and prayed for the service during praise and worship as well. Since last Sunday was the 1st Sunday, we were given communion, but instead of just praying together, Pastor Clarence said for us to go to another person and pray for them or have them pray for you. I prayed for a young woman who had beautiful young children and she was very receptive to my prayer. Afterwards, there was testimony period and I felt compelled to publicly, thank God for Grace Fellowship because I had been in India for a little over 2 weeks and this was the first time that I had been to a church or temple that worshipped Jesus and not idols. I felt like Elijah when he told God that he felt alone and God told him that there were people in the country that served Him. Constance and I were very disappointed because we will not be able to attend Grace Fellowship’s prayer meeting on this Saturday since we will be leaving Dehradun on Saturday. I am including Grace Fellowship's address for those who feel compelled to send them love offerings.

Grace Fellowship, Dehradun
Pastor Merlin Clarance
C/O St. Thomas Church
89 Rajpur Road
Dilaram Bazaar,
Dehradun, UL 248001
email: gracefellowshipdoon@gmail.com

3 comments:

Rajeev said...

Dear Sister,
Its not a coincidence that you sauntered into GRACE FELLOWSHIP service.It was ordained none other than our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
By the way the young woman you prayed upon is my wife..Soney Joseph.Funny thing is her sister is based in Houston as well-Honey Joseph and her hubby is Jacob Mathew.They attend Lakewood Church too so if u bump into them one day , why I wont be surprised?
1CORINTHIANS 3:13
His work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.
Godbless ya..
Rajeev.
reachjesus777@gmail.com

Kapil Dev Sareen said...

Hi All,
I met Merlin through some friends and attended his church about a year and a half back, but every minute of that day and every word is still fresh in my mind. He motivated me towards Jesus, he held me together when i was in crisis and sometimes used to call me even twice or thrice a day to enquire how am i doing. God Bless him with all the Happiness, I will always pray for his prosperity and Peace, and also for people who introduced me to him.

Unknown said...

I was just going through the churches in dehradun and found your church...Can u please tell me the values you stand by. Is this a full gospel/bible believing church, do reply my email id is karan.thomas@gmail.com