Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bollywood

When in India, there is no shortage of Bollywood films to watch on the big screen. One evening Sherry, Hilary, Krys, Constance, Amanda, and Becky ventured to the Krishna Palace to watch Race. The feature song of the film, Touch me Touch me, is everyone’s caller tune thanks to Vodafone (the Indian cell phone company). We were curious to see what this song had to do with two brothers trying to kill each other for their family fortune. The movie was a cross between Matlock, MTV, and Days of Our Lives. It was rather ridiculous and entertaining. We were not disappointed with the rather inappropriate, confusing lyrics of Touch me, Touch me. The movie ticket cost 55 Rupees ($1.25) and included a sticky seat in the balcony that reclined. I guess the chatty family next to us was just part of the Indian Cinema experience.

No comments: